At a glance
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. We offer applications that enable companies to respond quickly to market changes and use resources in a more agile way to achieve better business performance and competitive advantages. IFS’s products are known for being user friendly, modular in their design and flexible enough to support the customers in their way of working according to their established processes.
IFS was founded in 1983 and currently has over 3,300 employees. IFS supports more than 1 million users worldwide from its network of local offices and through a growing ecosystem of partners. The product development is done by our R&D teams, mainly located in Sweden and Sri Lanka, and our consultancy business operate in six areas: Europe North; Europe West; Europe Central; Europe East; Americas; and Africa, Asia, and Pacific.
With IFS Applications and powerful service management and mobile functionality, IFS has pioneered component-based service management and ERP software. IFS Enterprise Service Management in the meantime is a leader in field service management, mobile workforce management, reverse logistics and more. Our business philosophy and architecture provide solutions that are easier to implement, run, and upgrade. IFS Applications business software provides increased ERP functionality, including CRM, SCM, PLM, EOI, enterprise asset management, and MRO capabilities
With its own resources and in cooperation with partners, IFS develops, sells, and implements component-based business software. To meet the market’s increased demands for solutions with broad functionality combined with in-depth industry knowledge, IFS focuses on a limited number of industry segments.
The Group’s product development is primarily conducted at IFS’s R&D centers in Sri Lanka and Sweden.
The company has developed a partner strategy, building on collaboration both locally in region and globally with its large multinational alliance partners. This allows IFS to enter new markets using local knowledge and resource whilst working within a consistent global partnering program.
IFS focuses on partners that offer complementary products or technologies within the product or the industry segment that IFS operates in. The aim is to provide customers with solutions that increase the value of their investment in IFS Applications. Two examples of such partners are Microsoft and Oracle. The collaboration with Microsoft centers on user interface, business intelligence, and cloud platforms while the Oracle cooperation is mainly aimed at databases and middleware.
The technology-partner ecosystem includes a range of regional and global providers. The introduction of a formal partner program in late 2013 that requires development of joint sales and marketing plans together with various partner activity commitments will strengthen IFS’s drive into key vertical markets and allow the company to further differentiate itself from the competition. IFS is also actively developing a network of partnerships with system integrators (SI) that assist organizations in identifying as well as implementing the IFS solution that addresses their unique needs.
- IFS will strengthen its profit, cash flow, and financial position by focusing on increasing sales, reducing costs, and increasing its market share in selected industries.
- IFS’s product development will focus on maintaining the company’s position as a technical leader in component-based business software for a global market.
- IFS’s products will support the standards that are important for its customers. The company will supply integrated Internet-based solutions that enable increased cooperation among customers, suppliers, and partners.
- IFS’s product, methods, support system, and infrastructure will support customers with global operations.
- To meet the market’s increased demands for solutions with broad functionality combined with in-depth industry knowledge, IFS will focus on a limited number of industry segments.
- IFS will continue to develop global and local cooperation with partners to enable continued development of the company’s competence and market presence with lower risk and capital requirements.
- IFS will maintain its own supplier capacity for consultant services related to the implementation and use of IFS software in important markets and to support its partners.
- IFS’s ability to offer resources from its Sri Lankan unit for customer projects and cooperation with partners will increase the company’s competitiveness.
- IFS will stimulate increased mobility among all its employees to increase competence and understanding of various international markets.
People often ask why our customers prefer to do business with us. One reason is our leading enterprise software designed and developed in collaboration with our customers to make them more agile.
Want to hear more?
Have a question about IFS or our solutions?
Our contact form and local phone numbers can be found on the Contact Us page.