At a glance
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. We offer applications that enable companies to respond quickly to market changes and use resources in a more agile way to achieve better business performance and competitive advantages. IFS’s products are known for being user friendly, modular in their design and flexible enough to support the customers in their way of working according to their established processes.
IFS was founded in 1983 and currently has over 3,300 employees. IFS supports more than 1 million users worldwide from its network of local offices and through a growing ecosystem of partners. The product development is done by our R&D teams, mainly located in Sweden and Sri Lanka, and our consultancy business operate in six areas: Europe North; Europe West; Europe Central; Europe East; Americas; and Africa, Asia, and Pacific.
With IFS Applications and powerful service management and mobile functionality, IFS has pioneered component-based service management and ERP software. IFS Enterprise Service Management in the meantime is a leader in field service management, mobile workforce management, reverse logistics and more. Our business philosophy and architecture provide solutions that are easier to implement, run, and upgrade. IFS Applications business software provides increased ERP functionality, including CRM, SCM, PLM, EOI, enterprise asset management, and MRO capabilities
With its own resources and in co-operation with partners, IFS develops, sells and implements the component-based ERP software IFS Applications. To meet the market’s increased demands for solutions with broad functionality combined with in-depth industry knowledge, IFS focuses on a limited number of industry segments.
The Group’s product development is primarily conducted at IFS’s R&D centres in Sri Lanka and Sweden.
The company has developed a partner strategy, building on collaboration both locally in regions and globally with its large multi-national alliance partners. This allows IFS to enter new markets using local knowledge and resource whilst working within a consistent global partnering programme.
IFS focuses on partners that offer complementary products or technologies within the product or the industry segments in which IFS operates. The aim is to provide customers with solutions that increase the value of their investment in IFS Applications. Two examples of such partners are Microsoft and Oracle. The collaboration with Microsoft centres on user interface, business intelligence and cloud platforms while the Oracle co-operation is mainly aimed at databases and middleware.
The technology partner ecosystem includes a range of regional and global providers. The introduction of a formal partner programme in late 2013, which requires development of joint sales and marketing plans together with various partner activity commitments, will strengthen IFS’s drive into key vertical markets and allow the company to further differentiate itself from the competition. IFS is also actively developing a network of partnerships with System Integrators (SI) which assists organisations in identifying as well as implementing the IFS solution that addresses their unique needs.
- IFS will strengthen its profit, cash flow and financial position by focussing on increasing sales, reducing costs and increasing its market share in selected industries.
- IFS’s product development will focus on maintaining the company’s position as a technical leader in component-based business software for a global market.
- IFS’s product, IFS Applications, will support the standards that are important for its customers. The company will supply integrated Internet-based solutions that enable increased co-operation among customers, suppliers and partners.
- IFS’s product, methods, support system and infrastructure will support customers with global operations.
- To meet the market’s increased demands for solutions with broad functionality combined with in-depth industry knowledge, IFS will focus on a limited number of industry segments.
- IFS will continue to develop global and local co-operation with partners to enable continued development of the company’s competence and market presence with lower risk and capital requirements.
- IFS will maintain its own supplier capacity for consultant services related to the implementation and use of IFS Applications in important markets and to support its partners.
- IFS’s ability to offer resources from its Sri Lankan unit for customer projects and co-operation with partners will increase the company’s competitiveness.
- IFS will stimulate increased mobility among all of its employees to increase competence and understanding of various international markets.
People often ask why our customers prefer to do business with us. One reason is our leading enterprise software designed and developed in collaboration with our customers to make them more agile.
Want to hear more?
Do you have a question about IFS or our solutions?
Our contact form or local phone numbers can be found on the Contact Us page.