This course introduces you to designing and publishing reports with IFS Business Analytics 3.0.
Business Analytics is a part of the Business Intelligence suite of reporting and analysis tools. IFS/Business Analytics is a business intelligence solution that extends Microsoft Excel® from a desktop productivity tool to a full-fledged enterprise-scale client for reporting and analysis. You will learn how to design Business Analytics reports, charts, and pivot tables, publish and schedule reports, enable drill-down and zoom-in to create interactive reports, and utilize writeback to update budgets.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Business Analytics is principally built as a financial and project reporting tool, but can be used more broadly. Anyone involved in reporting utilizing IFS data is encouraged to attend.
Basic knowledge of Excel is required. SQL/PLUS is recommended, but not required.
IFS Business Analytics 3.0 with IFS Applications 7.5 SP5 and above.
Hands-on exercises are used to walk through the features of Business Analytics. Topics include:
- Design Basic and Advanced reports
- Understand Business Analytics’ multi-dimensional Information Sources
- Use Business Analytics to create Excel Charts and Pivot Tables
- Create interactive reports with Zoom-In and Drill Down features
- Use Filters and Parameters to make reports more flexible
- Save, Publish, and Schedule Reports
- Link reports to documents in IFS Document Management
- Understand Writeback feature
- Create reports based upon an organizational structure
- Tips and tricks
PROTOTYPING YOUR REPORTS
Customers wishing to apply newly acquired Business Analytics skills may add an additional day immediately following presentations and exercises. Students take the lead in the development of reports utilizing existing BA Information Sources and your IFS instructor advises. Come to this session with one or two sample reports you wish to create using Business Analytics.