This course provides an understanding of the inventory control and management processes used in IFS Distribution. In addition to basic data setup, topics include inventory planning and warehouse management, cycle counting, inventory transactions and postings, serialization, lot batch tracking, and warranties. Procedures for creating and managing material requisitions, transport tasks, and inventory valuation are also investigated.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is intended for P&IC Managers, materials and warehouse managers, business analysts, project managers, and core team members.
Participants should have a background in inventory management and a working knowledge of IFS Applications.
At the end of this class, the participant will understand how to use system features and methods for administration and system control of inventory to support manufacturing and distribution in an organization.
- Basic data setup for inventory and inventory part records
- Inventory locations schemas
- Replenishment policies for inventory
- Control and tracking the movement of inventory into or out of locations in a warehouse
- How to move, issue, receive, and scrap inventory parts.
- Creation and management of material requisitions.
- Inventory availability and availability controls.
- Set up and management of warehouse tasks.
- Cycle count reports as well as positive and negative adjustment to inventory parts.
- Queries and reports for follow-up and analysis of inventory quantities, transactions, and valuation.