This course will teach you how to create SSRS reports that will be executed inside IFS Applications as Operational reports or Quick reports. This course will NOT teach you all available features in SSRS. The main intention of the course is to show you how to replace existing IFS Report Designer Operational reports with SSRS reports and how to create new SSRS reports.
Who Should Attend
Users who have a background in SSRS reporting who wish to create SSRS reports that work
with IFS Applications.
- SSRS report development skills (at least at a basic level)
- SQL queries, and PL/SQL programming language
The following software should be installed in an IFS Applications non-production environment
that can be used for development/training:
- MS SQL Server 2012 or 2014
- IFS BI Sql Server extension
The following software should be installed on user’s computer:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2012 or 2013
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- IFS Report data service extension
IFS Applications 9 RTM or newer
2 Days of training
This includes hands-on exercises. On the second day the attendees can suggest real report requirements that they want to implement.
The course will start with a brief introduction to IFS Report Designer Operational reports lifecycle and how SSRS reports can be used to replace current Operational reports.
During the course the participants will learn how to do following:
- How to create a SSRS Operational report using “IFS Report data services”
- Deploy the SSRS report to Sql Server and test at design time
- How to create a “Report Plugin layout” (.rpl) and register the new report in IFS
- How to create a SSRS operational report using IFS Report view
- How to create a SSRS report and register as a Quick report in IFS
- How to create/modify .rdf-files (database report logic)
The course can be delivered on site or remotely. We recommend limiting the number of participants to 6 to make sure enough attention can be given during the hands-on exercises.
Training Environment Requirements
The customer that receives the training should provide the training environment with these
- IFS Applications development/test environment where application owner password can
be shared with the trainees (all trainees could connect to the same instance of IFS
- Access to IFS Application from the trainees’ workstations
- Access to MS SQL Server.
- PL/SQL Developer or similar software installed and configured on trainees’ workstation
that allows running queries against the IFS Applications database
The training will be done using WebEx. The trainer will use an internal IFS environment to demonstrate the exercises and participants will use their local environment to do the hands-on exercises.