The topics covered in this course will provide a comprehensive education regarding IFS Periodical Cost Allocation, its processes transactions, as well as error correction and reporting.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for personnel focusing in on General Ledger, and employees responsible for month end entries / allocations.
It is assumed that participants have a working knowledge of IFS navigation, General Ledger and practical knowledge of general accounting practices.
This session is designed to ensure that you have a competent knowledge of IFS Periodical Cost Allocation (PCA). We will process numerous PCA steps focusing on real life allocation / reversing situations. You will learn how to create and use factors and distributions. You will learn how to create steps, execute a procedure, copy a procedure and use PCA to update a budget version.
Topics covered will enable the participant to:
- Reduce manual month end entries
- Automate month end entries
- Simple Month End Reclass entries
- Add an overhead burden based a predefined rate
- Add an overhead burden based a calculated rate
- Allocate department expenses by square footage
- Allocate department expenses by headcount
- Allocate corporate expenses to a product line based on product revenue
- Create revenue recognition entries
- Update budget versions