Cloud Operations Automation Engineer – 12 month contract
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from Product Development to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
The Cloud Operations Automation Engineer provides the knowledge and skills to design, build and deploy automated functions for multiple tasks throughout the cloud operations organisation. Working with the various process owners and stakeholders within and around Cloud Operations the engineer will review current (or in some cases missing but needed) manual processes and produce designs for their replacement with automated equivalents. Following review and approval by the relevant people the engineer will then go on to build and deploy those processes into production, driving enhanced efficiency and higher quality throughout the organisation.
Sound interesting? Then join us as our new Cloud Operations Automation Engineer!
Your opportunity and responsibility
As a Cloud Operations Automation Engineer at IFS you will be expected to:
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for all automation items within Cloud Operations
- Independently gather information from the relevant process owners to design, develop and deploy the maximum possible automation abilities for all possible processes within the Cloud Operations organisation.
- Make informed decisions based on current practices and processes to choose the most appropriate tools and methods to automate tasks for maximum impact and long-term benefit.
- Work with the documentation team to ensure suitable documentation is produced for all automation tasks, including where relevant process guides, SOPs and architecture diagrams.
- Work with the Cloud Solution Architects and with product development architects to drive their future usage of automation in a direction consistent with the cloud operations approach to ensure future product updates work well with our automation strategy and tooling choices
- Manage updates and revisions to existing automations as needed
- Provide training, support and guidance to the Cloud Service Center operations teams in using and maintaining the deployed automations and to gather future use cases and enhancements that are exposed through their daily usage of the provided automated functions
If you are looking for new challenges, then the position as Cloud Operations Automation Engineer is something for you!
To be successful
To be a successful Cloud Operations Automation Engineer at IFS your mindset will be the key factor, but to get even further we would like you to have a relevant academic degree
We are looking for you who have a background and skills within:
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Git, Scripting languages and Jenkins
- Platforms: Azure, Linux and Windows Server
- Middleware Suites: Web Servers (Apache, IIS, Nginx), Oracle Weblogic and Oracle Database.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record working with a wide range of teams including product development, operations and support services. They will work effectively in an internationally distributed, multi-discipline team and must be highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent technical and communication skills.
If you also are detail oriented and have good imagination to find creative ways around complex manual tasks, then you are the perfect match!
The position is a 12-month fixed term contract located at IFS in the UK.
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 7th April 2019.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 3,500 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFSworld.com