IFS Applications Consultant - Project Management
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from Product Development to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
The IFS Applications Consultant role is responsible for Post-Sales Implementation of the IFS Applications Product Suite. Additionally We are seeking expertise in the Project Management space in order to provide expert input, guidance and advice to them as they enhance and expand their digital footprint.
Sound Interesting? Then Join us as our new IFS Applications Consultant!
Role and responsibilities:
To provide post-sales implementation services in line with the IFS Implementation Methodology (IM), typical tasks are to include;
- Initial Implementation Studies
- Customer education in both groups and ‘one on one’ situations
- Business consultancy using the modern methods (Consultants must keep up to date with modern working practices)
- IFS Product consultancy to give the customer the best practice for their industry
- IFS Product knowledge in modules and processes
- Basic understanding of IFS System architecture, difference between ‘on-premise’ and ‘cloud’ offerings
- Basic understanding of IFS Technical, i.e; Custom objects/Data Migration/Lobbies etc.
- Ability to develop prototype solutions in line with IFS IM
- Adherence to project budget, scope and timescales
- Document the project as specified within the Implementation Methodology including Scope Tool, Book of Rules, Implementation and Test Trackers
- Specification of CRIM objects
- At a minimum time should be booked, with accurate hours and extensive comments, on a weekly basis
- Expenses should be booked and submitted weekly per project, accurate costs (including correct VAT) and appropriate comments via the IFS Trip Tracker app
- To liaise with the appropriate resources within IFS, i.e; Consulting Group Manager, Academy, RnD etc. to continually develop & enhance the application, implementation and training materials, and other sales and consultancy collateral.
- From time to time, an application consultant may be required to liaise with sales management to provide pre-sales consultancy/presentations, and to construct ITT responses and customer proposals
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable additional duties/projects by the Department Manager or Director.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong communicator with good customer facing skills, able to interact effectively at all levels within customer organisations.
- Knowledge of business process and practices in the requisite functional and process area, which may be supported by the appropriate charter or qualification.
- The ability to think creatively about business processes, map customer practices onto IFS Applications, and to deliver effective solutions.
- A broad knowledge of IFS Applications, which can be built upon to allow detailed functional and process consulting within allocated customer projects.
- A good understanding of IFS Implementation Methodology or similar implementation approaches.
- The ability to work to deadlines, understanding the value and importance of milestone achievement.
- The post will be deemed home based
- The nature of the work will require the post-holder to travel extensively throughout Europe and the expectation is that staying away from home during the week should be expected for the duration of the assigned project/s
- The post will be subject to a probationary period of three months
Flexibility exists regarding the base location of the holder of this role. Some international travel will be required as and when the need dictates.
For further information, or if you are interested in applying please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognised leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 3,500 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners.