Placement Students for PMO Roles
IFS develop and deliver enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focussed operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognised leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 3,500 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners
We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from Product Development to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
IFS are extending our Project Management Office (PMO) function in support of our digitization strategy which is driving transformational business change and innovation within our global business operations. We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic University students who will work as a member of the IFS PMO team within the Office of the Chief Digital & Information Officer to drive the business forward through projects you will support.
You will be a part of helping IFS achieve some major project tasks, crucial for our future success and innovation as a company. As an active member of our Project Management Office team, the job will support our digitization and IT projects in a wide range of activities throughout their lifecycles. These include tracking and co-ordinating statuses of project deliverables and milestones; supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables; project level risk and issue management; monitoring the status of projects transitioning into operational service; co-ordination of regular project reporting cycles; co-ordination of project governance arrangements, supporting Post Project Reviews, supporting project workshops, stakeholder engagement and management, and more widely driving project delivery assurance.
Sound interesting? Then why not apply to our intern placement programme?
Running each year from July to July (start/end dates negotiable but of a minimum duration of 9 months), our intern placement programme provides an excellent opportunity to get great exposure, personal development and real work experience in the Office of the Chief Digital & Information Officer. You will get exposure to, and involvement in, core projects across the business, driving IFS towards its goals. You will be a natural part of important internal projects driven by our global IT organisation.
As a placement student at IFS you will support the Project Management Team with a range of activities throughout various project lifecycles including:
• Communicating business cases to Stakeholders supported by appropriate tools (IFS IT Service Management, ServiceNow);
• Providing effective support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting Project Managers on other, larger projects at the core of IFS operations and transformations;
• Co-ordination of the publication, review and sign-off of major project management deliverables;
• Ensuring project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored;
• Monitoring and reporting on project progress to Project Steering Committees and associated stakeholders;
• Contributing to post-implementation reviews and helping identify any lessons learned;
• Helping to continue to evolve the processes and templates that support the project lifecycle.
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting, real work experience in a global and innovative organisation, then this intern placement programme is for you!
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To be successful in this role at IFS your mindset will be the key factor, but to get even further we would like you to have, or be working towards, a relevant academic degree (M.Sc. or B.Sc.) with knowledge and awareness of:
• Programme co-ordination/administration;
• Balancing factors of efficiency, cost and complexity when undertaking operational tasks;
• Project management tools and techniques;
• Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
You will also need:
• Communications skills, both written and verbal, and be receptive and adaptive to feedback and pushback when approaches or timelines change;
• Good prioritisation and punctuality skills to balance key priorities;
• A passion and motivation for data, work in an organised and methodical way and possess an ability to grasp complex technical concepts;
• An understanding of the importance for attention to detail;
• A goal-oriented approach with commitment to see actions through to delivery;
• An energetic, determined, positive, mindset - even when working under pressure and…
• ….an ability to build trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances
Successful candidates are offered a competitive salary.
For further information or to apply, please contact UKHumanResources@ifsworld.com.
Interviews and selections are being made continuously based upon a set number of positions each year. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible before places get taken.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.