At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from Product Development to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
As Project Manager for a customer project, the main focus will be professional delivery of the client solution in line with the IFS implementation methodology so as to ensure customer satisfaction, referenceability and profitability.
Sound Interesting? Then Join us as our new Project Manager!
Role and responsibilities
The following additional responsibilities will apply.
- To ensure project quality and the correct use of IFS Implementation Methods and other implementation tools to include overall project planning, direction and guidance
- To be responsible for the project status and the reporting to the project steering group
- To ensure implementation projects are delivered to budget and on time
- To manage scope and variations
- To be in control of the project risks, functional, commercial, resource and time
- To oversee all communications and progress reporting with the customer
- To coordinate all IFS resources allocated to the customer project
- To set up the necessary project reporting, cost codes, and structures within IFS Biz (IFS reporting tool)
- To oversee the delivery of technical development within the procedures established by the Technical Manager
- To review all time and cost bookings each month, and to produce the services invoices up to the preliminary invoice stage, within the relevant reporting deadlines
- To produce and monitor the invoicing of all maintenance charges for both general and modification support
- To liaise with the Accounts Department in the progress and payment of outstanding invoices, in order to minimise customer debtor balances
- From time to time, a project manager may be required to liaise with sales management to provide pre-sales consultancy/presentations, and to construct ITT responses and customer proposals
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable additional duties/projects by the Department Manager or Director.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong communication abilities with good customer facing skills, able to interact effectively at all levels within customer organisations
- Effective commercial skills, with the ability to negotiate win / win outcomes
- The ability to think creatively about business processes, map customer processes onto IFS Applications, and to deliver effective solutions using best practices
- A foundation of knowledge of IFS Applications would be beneficial
- A good understanding of IFS Implementation Methodology or similar ERP implementation approach
- Demonstrable functional experience of project management and management tools
- The ability to work to deadlines, understanding the value and importance of milestone achievement
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours to support the project delivery
- The post will be deemed home based, and the nature of the work will require the post-holder to travel extensively throughout the UK
- The post will be subject to a probationary period of three months
Flexibility exists regarding the base location of the holder of this role. Some international travel will be required as and when the need dictates.
For further information, or if you are interested in applying please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognised leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 3,500 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners.