At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from Product Development to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Reporting directly to the Solution Design Group Manager, the role of Solution Architect is a key position within the IFS Consulting Group in the UK. As Solution Architect you will be responsible for leading the creation of the IFS Solution for the customer. Key to this is gaining buy in from both the customer and the IFS teams. The Candidate will enjoy the challenge of creating and communicating well thought through practical solutions that form the basis for successful implementations and ultimately lead to highly referenceable customers.
Sound Interesting? Then Join us as our new Solution Architect!
Role and primary responsibilities
Your primary role is that of Solution Architect. Where this does not fully utilise your time, you will assume the role of Senior Consultant.
On projects, where a Solution Architect has been appointed, the exact nature of the role will be laid out in the Project Definition document as per the description in AIM. This role encompasses;
- Ownership of the solution through the consultants.
- Reports to the Project Managers and input to Status reports on issues or gaps which may prevent a successful implementation.
- Be involved toward the end of the Pre Sales Process to understand the solution that has been sold to the customers and play a key role in the sales handover process to the post sales consultancy team.
- Working in conjunction with and leading the consultants to ensure the Solution Outline is completed.
- The Solution Outline process will lay out a roadmap of the functionality that will be used to provide the solution the customer has been sold. The consultants will need be comfortable they can transfer knowledge of this functionality to the customer core team through the Map Solution and Establish Solution phases of the project.
- The Solution Architect owns the solution.
- Be responsible for coordinating the presentation of the Solution Outline back to the customer, this may be in presentation or document format. It is important the customer is sold the solution and sees this as a positive step forward from the Pre sales process without huge investment of days.
- Work with the Project Manager in planning how many workshops are required for each consultant. Review progress of the workshops via the consultants contact reports, highlight where more workshops might be needed, and the reason
- Coordinate regular meetings with the consultants to ensure the map solution phase and establish solution phase proceed. Solutions and workarounds should be found for any issues or gaps.
- Agree the scope of any modifications with the customers Project Manager, making sure all alternative solutions have been explored including sensible use of custom events.
- Sign off the AST, with the Project Manager and customer Project Manager.
- Play a key part in the ongoing continuous improvement of the solution implementation process within the Solution Design Group.
- Maintain relationship to Product Owners to keep up-to-date with IFS Product.
- Keep up-to-date with specific Industry requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with Pre-Sales Team and what they are showing prospects.
- Keep up-to-date with Technology and its capability.
The role requires an experienced Senior Consultant with excellent broad application knowledge. In addition this will be complemented by an understanding of the Industry the customer works in.
The job holder will understand the role they play in a project requires them to be able to lead a group of consultants be also able to gain their confidence. It is also essential the Solution Architect can ‘sell’ the solution to the customer and win their confidence that the solution is progressing and will deliver the customers’ expectations. This is particularly important in the early stages of the project when the customer’s application knowledge is low.
- Must have been a Senior Consultant for at least 3 years.
- Demonstrable success in a Solution Architect capacity.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Be confident when dealing with negative people and encourage them to contribute with imaginative solutions to difficult problems.
- Exemplar communication skills and interpersonal understanding. The ability to interact effectively at all levels within customer organisations.
- Drive to get self and others to achieve tasks and overcome problems.
- Be proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.
- Have an understanding of project controls of the AIM methodology to support the project manager to achieve the commercial requirements of the project.
- Good understanding of IFS Implementation Methodology.
- Wide experience of IFS Applications.
- Relevant Industry experience.
Flexibility exists regarding the base location of the holder of this role. Some international travel will be required as and when the need dictates.
For further information, or if you are interested in applying please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognised leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 3,500 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners.