Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
As a result of continuing growth and expansion, IFS is looking for a technical presales person to join the existing successful IFS UK new business sales team to support selling the IFS Applications ERP suite (and/or the IFS Dynamic Scheduling service product) into manufacturing/ service management /asset intensive and project organisation sectors. IFS competes predominantly with Microsoft, SAP, Epicor and Oracle in the ERP/ manufacturing and project industries and with organisations such as Click, TOA and Maximo in the service and asset sectors. The role will also include offering advice to existing customers.
IFS (www.ifsworld.com) is a leading global ERP supplier. Headquartered in Sweden, IFS has over 3,000 personnel in 50 countries supporting around 2,500 customers. IFS is a world-leader in project oriented and asset industries, and a leading competitor in service management, manufacturing and supply chain. IFS UK is the regional HQ for Europe West, with 300 personnel dedicated to the UK and overall responsibility for the UK, France, Spain and Portugal. IFS have UK offices in High Wycombe, Ipswich, Warwick and Nottingham.
The component-based IFS Applications system is one of the most comprehensive solutions available from any supplier, combining a wide footprint with deep functional strengths. The solution is flexible, easy to use and easy to implement and is based on modern technology with an excellent user interface.
IFS has a unique culture, and is distinctive for being professional, straight forward and easy to work with. Staff turnover is exceptionally low.
The Role - Overview
An additional pre-sales person is needed to join the pre-sales team, reporting to the UK Pre-Sales Manager.
The role of the technical pre-sales is to provide assistance to those prospects where technical architecture and cloud is of particular interest. For tier 1 enterprise level prospects, the product architecture, security and infrastructure used to deploy it are as much a consideration as the functionality of the product itself. Cloud is of interest to a wider range of prospects and customers.
The pre-sales person will be expected to work alongside any other sales and pre-sales team members in a highly flexible environment. Location is flexible and most IFS pre-sales personnel are predominantly home-based. The candidate will frequently be expected to travel across the UK as sales opportunities dictate.
The position includes an attractive base salary and compensation plan, with a bonus scheme based on licence sales across the entire sales team. OTE levels are typically achieved with significant under-performance being very rare. Bonuses are paid monthly as sales are made.
Other benefits include a choice of company car (Mercedes E220d se/ BMW 528i SE or similar) or car allowance, private fuel, private health insurance, life insurance and company contribution towards a private pension scheme.
Person Specific - What are we looking for
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and creative pre-sales consultant with the following characteristics:
- Professional and smart appearance
- Proven experience in a successful new business pre-sales environment
- Strong knowledge of an effective sales process and qualification methods
- Intelligent and thoughtful character
- Degree level intellect (but not necessarily degree education)
- A creative and fast learner – a willingness to learn new areas (on their own where necessary), someone who is self-motivated
- Flexible, adaptable and easy to work with the ability to network and build effective and professional relationships with colleagues and prospects
- Excellent presentation and communications skills, written and verbal English
- The ability to handle questions effectively and to be able to ‘think on their feet’
- Someone that strives for attention to detail and who is well organised
- A high standard of written and presentation skills combined with deep technical knowledge
Experience of the following will be necessary:
- Architecture philosophy and vision including SOA/ messaging/ mobility standards
- Detailed knowledge of Oracle database, WebLogic middleware, mobility, security, authentication and messaging
- Exposure to sizing, benchmarking and tuning activities
- Backup/ resilience approaches
- Cloud architectures and services, preferably with exposure to Azure
Role and Responsibilities
Activities will vary from detailed workshops with a large enterprise customer around security standards to high-level presentation of Azure cloud benefits to an existing customer. IT is expected the person will:
- Be involved in fact finding during initial prospect visits and to be able to translate business requirements into the strengths of IFS Applications
- Help effectively qualify deals based on application and business fit
- Provide input to: ITT responses and clarifications
- Run and participate in technical and architecture vision presentations and workshops
- Assist with sizing and deployment discussions for on-premise customers
- Facilitate cloud presentations/ workshops and sales support for cloud prospects and customers
- Create/prepare effective presentations focused on a prospect’s key requirements
- Create new and effective pre-sales materials as appropriate
The selection process may vary from time to time, but typically consists of the following:
- Review of CVs
- Selection of shortlist for a short initial meeting with the Pre-Sales Manager or Sales Manager
- Second longer interview with the Sales Director
- Presentation to a mixed audience of sales/presales colleagues – which may be combined with the second interview step
- To apply please submit your CV to UKHumanresources@ifsworld.com